Yoast, boasting over 5 million active installations, reigns as WordPress’s foremost SEO plugin. It plays a pivotal role in enhancing on-page SEO optimization for your website and offers a suite of tools to optimize your content for search engines. With a longstanding track record as the SEO plugin market leader, Yoast benefits from its developers’ extensive SEO expertise, leading to regular updates that enhance the overall plugin experience.
Yoast is accessible for free on the WordPress repository, albeit with limited features. Additionally, a premium version exists, endowed with advanced features and tools beyond the free Yoast SEO plugin’s scope. To activate Yoast SEO Premium, you must initially install the free Yoast version. Furthermore, Yoast provides extensions tailored for local SEO, News SEO, Video SEO, and WooCommerce SEO, exclusive to the Premium version.
Setting up Yoast SEO is a straightforward process. Upon its initial installation, you’ll be automatically guided through a first-time configuration wizard post-activation. This wizard simplifies essential SEO adjustments for your site, making it a quick and easy task, even for beginners.
For further assistance, we’ve published a comprehensive guide on the Yoast SEO setup process, available to help you overcome any challenges.
In summary, Yoast SEO Premium stands as the most advanced SEO plugin for WordPress, offering a comprehensive toolkit for all your SEO needs.
Key features of Yoast SEO Premium
- Supports multiple keyword targeting
- Offers control over breadcrumbs
- Allows setting up to 5 focus keywords
- Automatically creates XML sitemaps
- Provides advanced SEO analysis
- Features a redirection manager
- Includes schema blocks
- Displays social previews of your post
- Offers suggestions for internal linking
- Provides SEO workouts
- Allows exporting of focus keywords
- Features an orphaned content filter
- Counts text links
- Includes a keyword density counter
- Supports IndexNow API
- Adds open graph metadata
- Allows editing of robots.txt and .htaccess files
- Provides regular updates every two weeks
- Offers suggestions to improve content quality
- Provides a Google snippet preview
- Helps prevent duplicate content
- Includes a readability check
- Generates clean permalinks for posts
- Includes cornerstone content check
- Supports language analysis
- Automatically redirects on URL changes
- Offers customizable crawl settings
What’s New (ChangeLog)
- Introduces the AI title & description generator, allowing quick and high-quality suggestions for titles and descriptions with a single click.
- Increases the minimum required version of Yoast SEO to 21.1.
- Alerts users promptly if the SEO Analysis is turned off, preventing the AI generator functionality from being available.
- Enhances user experience by adding an edit button to the SKU and Product identifier assessments on product pages when the Yoast WooCommerce SEO plugin is installed (version 15.8 or higher).
- Fixes a bug in the taxonomy overview where the icons for cornerstone and inclusive language did not display tooltips when hovered over.
- Adds support for structured data regarding a site’s policies and publishing principles.
- Updates the WordPress tested up to version to 6.3.
- Enhances usability by introducing the Yoast\WP\SEO\redirects_options_autoload filter, offering the ability to override the default setting for autoloaded redirect options.
- Simplifies the selection of values for site policies.
- Resolves a bug where a heading would not be included in the table of contents when created by transforming a paragraph block.